Week 11: You and I by Jeff Buckley

2:54 PM


I'm not sure why I chose to listen to this. Probably because people on Twitter told me to.
 It's Jeff, so it's super melancholy, and almost every track is just a different version/demo of songs that have already been released. Honestly, it's a little creepy that he's been dead for 20 years now and 90% of his albums are posthumous releases.

In spite of all that, I still decided that I would lust after it, hoping that with a new album there would be something new to discover about Jeff after all these years.

That doesn't seem to be the case here, but nevertheless I'm still not necessarily disappointed that I chose this album for the week. It's given me a chance to get reacquainted with old favorites and discover new gems that I had overlooked back in the day when I was listening to Hallelujah on repeat.

The final track on the album "I Know It's Over," is both perfection and irony. It's a Smiths cover at Jeff's most vulnerable and emotive. The irony is that we'll never believe it's over.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews