Week 9: Tigermilk by Belle and Sebastian

5:01 PM


For the ninth week of the year, I'll be brief with my ramblings because:

1. All of this is mildly embarrassing
2. This album is not current. In fact, Tigermilk turns 20 this year.

On Wednesday night, after watching some reality television that I shall not name (it rhymes with "Burbivor"), my boyfriend and I decided we would have some creative time in the living room. I let him DJ while I attempted to sew some new curtains (they look great, in case you were wondering).

The song "expectations" from this album came on and I naively asked:

"Chris, what's this song? Who is this artist? I like this."

He stared at me with dumb eyes for a good 20 seconds because I have a music blog and couldn't recognize a band that has been internationally beloved for almost my entire life.

So here it is: I have never actively listened to Belle and Sebastian before. Honestly, we have just this one life, and it is actually impossible to consume every bit of media during such a brief existence.

To be fair, I'm not feeling too judged considering Chris has only seen the worst two Indiana Jones movies. That's right, Temple of Doom and Kingdom of Shia LaBeouf. We all have our demons.

Sorry, Belle and Sebastian. We're going to spend this week getting acquainted.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews